Molecule Sheets Review
While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about our affiliate program here.
Molecule launched in 2018 with the Molecule mattress, sheets, and bedding. Backed by scientific research and development, Molecule focuses on sleep products that promote rest and recovery through temperature regulation. The Molecule product line has expanded to include mattress toppers, pillows, and bedding that caters to an active lifestyle. The company also has a team of well-known professional athletes who promote the benefits of Molecule products.
Currently, Molecule offers two types of sheet sets: Sateen and Percale. Both sets are a blend of Tencel lyocell and cotton. Molecule does not sell sheets separately, so both the fitted and flat sheets are only available in sets. Pillowcases are included in sheet sets but also available separately.
Both sets of Molecule sheets are backed by a 30-night sleep trial. The Tencel and cotton blend fabric is breathable and cooling. Each set is available in four colors. The difference between the two sheet sets can be found in the weave, weight, and finish. The Sateen sheets are silky with a satin-like weave and smooth finish. The Percale sheets are lightweight with a plain weave and matte finish.
Read on for our full review of both types of the Molecule bed sheets.
Cosy House Sheets Quick Overview
- Breathable for a cooler night’s sleep
- Can choose between Sateen and Percale for customized comfort
- Made with sustainable production practices
In-depth Molecule Sheets Review
Sizing and Pricing
Both the Sateen and Percale sheets are sold exclusively as sets and are available in all standard sizes. The Sateen sheets are also available in a Split King size, and colors White and Ivory are available with an extra-deep pocket fitted sheet. The Sateen extra-deep pocket fitted sheets have a depth of 18 inches and are suitable for higher profile mattresses that are 14 to 17 inches thick.
Molecule sheets are slightly more expensive than the industry average, making price an important consideration. Read on for more details on the sizing and pricing of the Molecule sheets.
Dimensions & Pricing
|Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases Included||Price for Set|
|Twin||70" x 96"||39” x 75” x 15”||20” x 28” (1 included)||$139|
|Twin XL||70” x 96”||39” x 80” x 15”||20” x 28” (1 included)||$149|
|Full||85” x 96”||54” x 75” x 15”||20” x 28” (2 included)||$159|
|Queen||94” x 102”||60” x 80” x 15”||20” x 28” (2 included)||$169|
|King||112” x 102”||78” x 80” x 15”||20” x 36” (2 included)||$189|
|California King||112” x 102”||72” x 84” x 15”||20” x 36” (2 included)||$199|
Extra pillowcases can be purchased separately at a price of $49 for two standard pillowcases and $59 for two King pillowcases.
Materials and Construction
- Percale: The Molecule Percale sheets are 48% Tencel Lyocell and 52% cotton with a 300 thread count. Molecule uses long-staple cotton for a softer feel. Tencel is a eucalyptus-based fabric that is breathable and wicks away moisture for a cooling feel. Moisture-wicking helps Tencel resist the growth of bacteria. The smoothness of this Tencel and cotton blend is ideal for those who have sensitive skin. Blending Tencel and cotton also results in a fabric that is twice as breathable as traditional cotton alone. Molecule fabrics are OEKO-TEX 100 certified and are made without the use of harmful chemicals. Production of the Tencel lyocell for Molecule sheets is environmentally friendly as nearly 100% of the water used in this process is recovered. Molecule puts added thought into the design of its sheet sets, marking the fitted sheet with label indicators to differentiate the top from the side. The fitted sheet is also fully elasticized for a close fit. The Percale sheets are woven with a one-under, one-over weave pattern and have a matte finish. The result is a lightweight, crisp feel. Ideal for warmer months, the Percale sheets are airy and comfortable. They are also wrinkle-resistant.
- Sateen: The Sateen sheets feature the same 48% Tencel lyocell and 52% cotton fabrication and offer the key benefits of temperature regulation and resistance to bacteria. They are OEKO-TEX certified. The Sateen sheets also have a 300 thread count because Molecule has found that this thread count is ideal for maximum breathability, softness, and durability. While there are similarities between the Percale and Sateen sheets, such as the thread count, the label indicators on the fitted sheets, and the fabric composition, there are key differences that set them apart. The Sateen and Percale sheets differ in the weave and finish used, which affects the weight and feel of the sheets. The Sateen sheets feature a three-under, one-over weave. This results in a thicker-feeling fabric that has a silky finish. These sheets have a slightly more luxurious feel while still being durable. The Sateen sheets are available with additional size options: Split King as well Extra Deep Pocket sheets for sizes Queen, King, and California King.
Molecule Sheet Design Options
Design is an important consideration when selecting sheets. If you are shopping for new sheets to go with your existing bedding, you may already have a desired color in mind. Molecule offers four colors for both the Percale and Sateen sheet sets. These light, neutral colors are designed for a classic look that complements an array of bedding. However, options are scarce for people looking for a design with distinct prints or more vibrant colors.
|Sheet Set||Design Options|
|Percale||White, Ivory, Powder Blue, Cloud Grey|
|Sateen||White, Ivory, Powder Blue, Cloud Grey|
Cleaning and Care for Molecule Sheets
Properly caring for your sheets extends their lifespan. It is important to read the care instructions as these can differ based on fabric and construction. Certain fabrics are more delicate and require additional care and attention.
Though the Molecule sheets are clean when shipped and made without the use of harmful chemicals, Molecule recommends washing the sheets before using them. The sheets may shrink slightly, but Molecule accounts for this and expects the sheets to still fit perfectly after the first wash.
Both the Percale and Sateen sheets are machine-washable with the same care instructions. They should be washed separately on the gentle cycle with cold water. Tumble-dry the sheets on low heat, and take care to not over-dry them. Once removed from the dryer, they can be smoothed and folded. The Tencel resists wrinkling, so ironing is not required. The Molecule sheets are built to be durable with high-quality weaving techniques and long-lasting materials.
Customer Service: The majority of customers have had a positive experience with Molecule’s customer service team, even if they decided to return the sheets.
Reputation: Molecule has a reputation built around products that are geared towards athletes and those with an active lifestyle. The temperature-regulating mattress, pillows, and bedding are all designed to promote a restful night’s sleep to aid in muscle recovery.
BBB Rating: Molecule is not yet accredited or rated by the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Molecule was founded in 2018.
Physical Stores: At this time, Molecule does not have any brick-and-mortar stores. Its products are exclusively available online.
Contact Information: Molecule can be reached via email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-833-365-REST (1-833-365-7378). You can also submit an inquiry via the contact form on the Molecule website. Customer service is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST, and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. PST.
|TRIAL PERIOD||30 Days|
|SHIPPING INFORMATION||Free shipping to contiguous United States; additional shipping charges to Alaska and Hawaii. Orders are shipped via FedEx ground and typically arrive within one week of order placement.|
|MADE IN||Imported - Bahrain|